Thursday, February 4, 2016
TPCASTT Love Yourself
There is a scene in A True Diary of a Part-Time Indian where Arnold hears someone upchucking in the women's bathroom. He was confused and unsure about what to do. He soon finds out that it was Penelope that was throwing up. Since Arnold's dad is an alcoholic, he assumed that Penelope was drunk. It turns out that Penelope is bulimic. I chose the song "Love Yourself" by Justin Bieber because I strongly think the lyrics relate to this scene in the book. "Cause if you like the way, you look that much, oh baby, you should go and love yourself". This song is basically saying how he's better on his own without her because she had too many problems going on. This might be the opposite of the scene but the chorus' theme is abut confidence. If there was a movie about the book, and this scene came on, I could see an instrumental version of this song play. The electric guitar in the background is so soothing and gentle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment