Wednesday, February 3, 2016

TPCASTT Stressed Out By: Twenty-One Pilots

        I chose Stressed Out by: Twenty-One Pilots because I thought I would take on the challenge of relating a modern song to an older book. It was easier than I expected. Stressed Out is a song that shows worry over responsibilities and the challenges that come with it. The lyrics flip back and forth between obvious nostalgia for their childhood days, and stepping up and owning responsibilities as well as fixing old mistakes. The attitude of this song is nervous or high-strung and lacking the self-confidence to own up to these tasks. There is one major shift about halfway through the song, which points to the various connotations of this song: about how they are stressed about the future and then how they miss their childhood days. It relates directly to the theme of stressed, nervous and tired. The instrumentals make the shift even easier to follow. Some of the problems people have today can relate to those of years ago. It's very interesting that we can relate so well. Given the same problem, it's logical that we as a species would act ,more or less, the same ways
.

No comments:

Post a Comment